All our resources are free and open to everyone! If you would like to become involved with our community please become a SNOW member.
.We organized our training into 'Peppers'. Just like hot peppers what training is optimal for you is not just about how much you WANT to do but how much you can personally STAND. Please choose the pepper hours that best match where you are and where you want to be. If you have questions as to which one you should be please ask us
Strength & Core
Strength for Nordic Skiing is best done by periodization so you do not develop bulky muscles. Our strength consists of weights, plyometrics, exercise bands and core.
Other Videos and Information
Want to know more about nutrition, technique, etc. This is the place for you!
You are putting in all the work to train well, why not take that training you are already doing and bring it to the next level with proper recovery? Check out the resources below to get some ideas of what you can be doing to maximize your recovery.
Like these resources?
Explanation of Zones:
- Core exercises, body weight only
- exercises using external weights
- Yoga and any activity that is slow, under 60% of max
- Easy enough you are not doing additional damage and are helping your body to recover.
- Any activity between 60-70% (below aerobic threshold)
- Long activities where you can still talk but are moving a good pace.
- 70-80% of Max
- Races over 1 hour
- 80-90% of Max
- Races under 1 hour
- 90-100% of Max
- Hill bounding, Medal Test, etc.